To be real honest, I had no idea how easy Crepes were until this morning when the family asked for waffles!! hahaha Waffles seemed like a lot more work so out of lazy-ness and wanting to try something different I started peeking at some Crepe recipes. After noticing I had thankfully all the ingredients I just started it without thinking too much about it.
Surprisingly I always thought Crepes were this totally tricky thing that I just thought I would fail. So this morning it went wayyy better than I thought and defiantly way easier. One thing that I did notice though for this recipe I would double it because this was not enough to fill our bellies.
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add all other ingredients and mix with the blender until a smooth consistency.
- Warm your pan, I used the large Paderno pan. Also added a little bit of butter to help with non-sticking.
- Slowly I poured a half cup of mix into the warm pan and spread the mix to make it really thin.
- Cook one side for close to two minutes and flip!
- Spread and enjoy with jam, nutella, fruit! Anything really! We used some maple syrup and Klaassen Farms Blueberry Jam!
Defiantly be prepared to make an extra batch, so maybe double the recipe. Whatever leftovers we have (if we have any) I usually freeze for the next day and early breakfast before school for Owen!
I totally changed my perspective on making crepes. I mean they’re no IHOP but they are still the real deal! Enjoy and let me know if you try the recipe and how it works for you!
Keisha Lynne, xx