It’s no new fact that our family loves to visit Tofino B.C. It’s one of the most beautiful getaways that really leave you feeling relaxed, inspired and like you really just had a vacation. Normally when we go, we pick a few things that we all really want to check out. We don’t over indulge in the go go go itinerary every trip which is why so many of our blog posts about Tofino spill a new little secret to where to visit. Plus, it’s a growing town things are starting to really bloom and Tofino is just getting started.
The past two trips we’ve stayed at Long Beach Lodge Resort. They offer Rainforest Cottages and rooms to stay in at the main lodge. We stayed at a Rainforest Cottage. It just is the perfect set up for our whole family and the dogs. It’s a big enough place to house us all comfortably. We love the private hot tub, full kitchen and its cozy fireplace. There really are many amenities here in the cottages that we love.
It’s located right on Cox Bay Beach so everyday you’ll find yourself wandering down to explore and take it all in. That’s top of our list while staying at Long Beach Lodge. It’s become our home away from home and we love the relaxed feel the resort gives us.
Today I’m sharing with you 6 Things To Do While Staying At Long Beach Lodge Resort. Things that are nearby and things you can do right there!
6 Things To Do While Staying At Long Beach Lodge Resort
- Tofino Bike Rentals | This happens to be located just two minutes down the street. Owen and I walked over on the beach, picked up the beach cruisers and rode them back to the cottage. Locked them up with bike racks right at the cottage it was perfect. You can rent them hourly or daily. These bikes you can ride right along the beach, not of course in the water. But they are street and beach cruisers. So have fun! We doubled our shell searching time on these that’s for sure!
2. Cox Bay Beach Hike | This hike is really hard I’m not going to sugar coat it at all. The kids and I managed to complete a majority of it I think. But again it’s hard and it’s not laid out nicely. When we made it to the top of where we felt comfortable going we felt good because the view was amazing and honestly so worth it. A little side note is that you can find it on the All Trails app and its right outside Long Beach Lodge Resort on Cox Beach so if you don’t get it the first time you could always climb again the following day!
3. The Surf Club | This was our second time hanging out with the Surf Club located right at Long Beach Lodge Resort. We grabbed rentals this time and headed out on our own. The waves this time were much larger and a lot of fun. We kept to the centre of the beach just outside the resort and played in the water and it was great fun. Experience or not I totally recommend trying this out!
4. Electric Bike Rentals | WoW! Okay what fun this was. We rented two electric bikes also. These are not allowed on the beach, but just street and sidewalks. We rode them into town and along the km through the national park. You can rent them through Long Beach Lodge Resort so for sure ask when making your reservation about renting these. Made life so much easier to be honest getting around. Plus just FUN you guys.
5. Canso Plane Hike | This was more of a trail hike, nicely laid out and easy to find. We double checked everything on our All Trails app to make sure we were all good every step of the way and we were. This place is a War Plane from 1945 that crashed just moments from taking off and landed in such a way where everyone inside the plane was able to walk away. It’s incredible and all the pieces lay there still to this day. Very cool to check out. It’s about 5km round Make note: there are no washrooms, or garbage cans along the way so take things out with you and bring water!
5. Amphitrite Point Lighthouse | This visit is a little more than 10 minutes away from Long Beach Lodge Resort and really a favourite of ours. This lighthouse is located right on the sea and along it is a really breathtaking trail of the ocean views surrounding it. Located in Uclulelet! We love taking the kids here so they can run off some steam!
6. Beach Walks | This is a given and one of the reasons why we love it so much here. Drew and I both grew up by the ocean. The ocean was our playground so we take any opportunity to let our kids run free here and share with them the same childhood memories we made growing up!
Thanks to B.C Ferries for always guiding us there and taking such good care of us!
Disclosure: This travel blog post was part of a sponsored collaboration with Mazda, Long Beach Lodge Resort, B.C Ferries, Tofino Bike & The Surf Club. All opinions and reviews are that of my own!
Keisha Lynne, xx