Baby Wearing // Beluga Baby
All hail “Beluga Baby“! I’m in love with baby wearing. I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve never owned or carried my babies in these magical soft baby carriers until now, 9 months later. When I first became pregnant with Ella I was so concentrated on crib, clothes and diapers that a baby carrier seemed so far out of my mind. If I could go back I would buy the baby wrap before anything else!
Beluga Baby, is a newly local baby carrier wrap buisness. Handmade in Vancouver, B.C. Haley designed them with the modern mama in mind. These wraps are fashionable, super soft and used with natural bamboo material. I have been using mine these past couple of weeks and it’s been such a lifesaver having Beluga Baby.
All you mama’s learn from my mistakes and make sure to get yourselves a Beluga Baby wrap!
Reasons why I love Beluga Baby:
- Access: With Beluga Baby, there’s no need to use the elevator or ramps and hiking trails, crowded shops, public transport are all so easily accessible.
- Expense: I found that for the amount of time and usage you get using the wrap compared to others, these are worth every penny spent.
- Space: These wraps are compact and can fold up and fit into any small bag. They are lightweight and easy to pack away.
- Skin to skin: In the wrap a baby is close to your chest all the time, snuggled and secure. Promoting bonding and easy to access for breastfeeding. The motion of walking or rocking usually helps put the baby to sleep easy to.
- Communication: Being so close to me in the wrap, I felt by her watching me close to eye level it was a great way to communicate with her.
- Hands Free: I felt like a mom boss. Getting everyday chores and things completed while caring for my baby with no fuss was a dream.
- Fitness: Carrying Ella did feel like I just had a really great work out without hitting the gym! Bonus workout! Especially up and down my stairs all day!
This is all my personal preference, I loved the convenience of hands free, while still being close to my baby and having her included in the things I do. Especially, for those extra fussy days. There are many benefits about using wraps its been known to help with colic, its a great way for baby to develop healthy and emotionally. I think baby wearing is a part of everyday life and is beneficial for the introduction or re-introduction into the parenting world!
When wearing your baby, always follow the guidelines to safety wearing with T.I.C.K.S:
- Tight- Baby wrap must be tied tightly and securely at all times.
- In View at all times- Baby must never be hidden from your view by the wrap.
- Close enough to kiss.
- Keep chin off chest- A good check is to see if you can fit two fingers under their chin.
- Supported Back- Baby’s back must be straight and secure.
Use “LLB” discount code to receive 15% off your order until October 31st!!
Learn more and visit Beluga Baby:
Also, you can find tutorial videos online and learn more on how to wrap!
She was a little more squirmy for daddy, but it’s nice knowing that he can also wrap her up in it. I think we can all admit that ‘Daddy Baby Wearing” looks damn good!
Keisha Lynne, xo