Alright, so with home isolation we may have gotten this whole sugar cooking recipe thing down pat. Especially with the help from the kids. They have been extra eager in helping me out! Theyve been the ones bringing the ingredients out and almost getting it started on their own.
Baking is a favourite past time for myself when I was young so being able to share these moments and memories with my little ones is extra fun. Plus, who doesn’t like eating a gooey warm sugar cookie?? I found this recipe and with some little tricks like slightly under baking I found this one to be the best. We also enjoy using pre-tubed icing or even good old Betty Crocker cream cheese icing! Works wonders if you’re looking for an extra easy activity.
- 2/12 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- Mix flour, cinnamon & salt into one bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix butter, sugar until creamy then add in one egg and vanilla.
- Add in your dry ingredients to the other bowl. Mixing together well.
- Sit in fridge for 2 minutes covered.
- Bring out, knead on flour covered counter.
- Get those cookie cutters ready!
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Done to enjoy! Of course letting them cool first… but who can wait??
Keisha Lynne, xx