Winter is coming!! Time to start warming up inside and cozying up!
Drew and I have been noticing lately that our thermostat that originally came with the home we purchased two years ago was kind of falling apart. Slowly day by day things just started to fall off or not work. Not good! haha We have Winter approaching and cold snowy weather. We needed to do something quick, soooo Drew started his manly research and stumbled upon the NEST Learning Thermostat. Literally, the coolest thing we’ve both have ever seen when it comes to home technology.Not only is it extremely stylish and modern for your home theres so many different selections to choose from on it and how to set it up. Best part how incredibly easy it is to install!
This little project took Drew about 20 minutes to swap our old thermostat for the new Nest! He carefully read the instructions and even stumbled upon a quick video tutorial they have on their website and got to work with little hesitation. It was perfect! You will notice online that there are two different types of Nest Thermostats, the Learning and Thermostat E. This part here in deciding really just depends on what your older thermostat is and if it’s compatible with each one. For this I would recommend reading and comparing online which one would work for your home and one that you like better. We decided to go with the Nest Learning Thermostat.
- Stylish & Modern look. Even comes in a few different colours.
- Control from anywhere with your phone and app
- Remote Thermostat sensory. Turns off when no one is in the room.
- Helps save energy. Perfect for those bills! Saving 10-15% on bill.
- Temperature builds with balance throughout your home.
- Alert if something is wrong in home. If temperature gets alarming low it will notify you.
- Special extras on display screen. Time, weather, temperature..etc.
- Automatically adapts to your life, season and temperatures outside.
- Installer can be found and used to help you.
- Temperature sensor is also available for other parts of your home!
- Firstly before anything do your research. Read articles, watch videos whatever you need to do to better educate yourself before taking anything apart at home! Turn off your power!! Once you have somewhat of an idea start removing your old thermostat and prepare your new Nest.
- Start by labelling your wires with their special stickers, screw on the plate and screw in Nest base.
- Connect the proper wires to the corresponding letters on the Nest base.
- Pop on the Nest display screen
- Turn power back on
- Start your Nest and set up your display screen options.
- Turn your heat on and enjoy….
Defiantly one of the easier home projects Drew’s ever worked on. Anyone can set this sweet thing up on their own. But if your feeling a little unsure I would totally recommend calling one of Nest super supportive team members and ask any questions you have. I find that their information given, advice and staff are amazing and sooo helpful to work with on getting this ready for you!
I love having this in our home, makes me feel really great about knowing how the heat is being distributed and not. Knowing that we’re saving energy and on our bills. It’s a very smart thermostat that will be helping us out all Winter and years to come. So excited to have this home with us!
If you have any questions please feel free to ask! Would love to help in any way I can.
Keisha Lynne & Drew