My children love to be mini hostesses. I mean I totally understand where they get it from. Watching me set up for parties, get togethers or just helping me set up for dinner. They totally watch and lead by example, so when it comes to movie nights they love to help set up and get the party started. They love getting out the fancy dishes for their treats and drinks, lay out everything so nicely for us to enjoy!
It’s such a wonderful trait that I enjoy so much about them, they love to treat people as much as I do with good food and make it look fun. So of course, naturally all children love to have picnics, I decided it was time to show them and take them for one to enjoy this Summer season. It’s the whole idea of packing up and searching new places, opening the basket up to find some tasty treats just for them.
I remember myself being little and my sister and I packing up a picnic, searching for a quiet place in our yard to eat, chat and play. Some of my most favourite Summer memories. Just so chill!
I made sure to pack their favourites and really take them out! We found a quiet place on the dock which is so key, quiet makes perfect! Right! haha It is totally the enjoyment of good company, relaxing setting and good food that brings people together and a Summer picnic is the best way to do this. Especially with kids! They loveeeeddd it.
I love that Owen and Ella enjoy entertaining just as much as me. To help give an idea of what we packed in our picnic basket I’ve listed them below…. Enjoy your own little adventures!
Packing A Summer Picnic
- Sunscreen | It is a must!
- Drinks | Stay hydrated with water or juice or wine!
- Picnic Basket | So handy to find one with dishes included
- Napkins | Because we all know why…
- Treats & Snacks | Something easy and tasty. This I pack a assortment of things like sandwiches, fruit, cold salads.
- Games | Nature Search Game
- Blanket | A big enough blanket or towel for everyone to relax on.
- Entertainment | My little ones love music so sometimes we take our portable speaker.
- Bags | Zip-loc bags, garbage bags, recycling bag! You just never know…
- Toys | We might grab a soccer ball, swimsuit or a frisbee for the kids to play around with when they get bored!
The perfect thing about packing a picnic is that you can make it however you please, theres certainly no right or wrong answer to this one!
Photography | Julie Christine Photography