Styling little spaces scare the heck out of me. With not much space and so many ideas, it can totally feel overwhelming and leave you unsure about your ideas. Let’s be real Pinterest is really no help, sometimes it just makes the struggle even more real. For our LITTLE laundry room we knew we had to make a change. Our previous home owners left it the same as they had it, beige/yellow coloured walls and white rubbermaid wire shelves practically falling off!
It just wasn’t working out for me, because in all honestly I do the bulk of the laundry and to do so I really wanted a room that I loved to be in! We decided to give the room a little refresh. Nothing huge but it’s the minor and inexpensive changes that can sometimes be the best!
First off we removed that awful shelving unit. Prepped the walls and painted with Canadian Tire new Premium paint. We decided to go with Polar Bear, an off white that matches the room and opens up the space. Next we left our door off, we felt it just gave it the open and fresh feeling. It’s nice to have the door to close out that pile of laundry but it’s also a reminder to do it. haha
My cousin from AllyBeth Design Co. put together these newly designed plaques and we matched our handmade barn wood shelf and filled it with all of our favourites. You can find them all below! I’m also sharing some of my budget friendly ideas on how to style small spaces on a dime! Just enough to give your room a little refresh feeling.
5 Budget Friendly Ideas on How to Refresh Your Little Laundry Room
- Paint– It can go a long way and make a whirl of a difference in a small space. You don’t need to go crazy in colour just enough to make you feel good when you enter your space.
- Decor– Find new to you pieces, change things up! Move pieces around until you feel good!
- Less Is More– Don’t go crazy and feel like you need to fill spaces.
- Scrap Wood Shelves– Making your own shelves is the new thing. And it’s pretty easy! Find some pieces of wood and stains. Explore ideas of how to hang it and put together. Get creative!
- Greenery– Add some fresh greens whether it be babies breathe or just some cactus plants. Add some green life to your room.
Wicker Laundry Baskets | Canadian Tire
Wall Plaques | Ally Beth Design Co.
Room Spray | K’Pure
Laundry Detergent | Nellies All Natural
Rolling Laundry Basket | Wayfair
Polar Bear Premier Paint | Canadian Tire Premier Line
Keisha Lynne, xx